GATE PROCESS OPTIMIZATION ON THE RAIL SERVICE CENTER
Solid Port Solutions has been asked to manage the project of improving the processes at the gate of the container terminal of Rail Service Center Rotterdam.
The goal of this project is to implement adaptations to the processes which will improve the quality of the current processes. These improvements are a good preparation for City Terminal Phase 2 and will enhance current performance of RSC.
The implementation required optimizing of the IT systems, team coordination, implementation and testing of the systems.
Client: Rail Service Center Rotterdam
Country: The Netherlands
Year of execution of project: 2017- ongoing
Specialisms involved for this project:
Port Special Systems
Testing and Commissioning
Business Process Modelling
The services provided include:
- Business Process Modelling;
- Creation of business flow models;
- Establishment of gate procedures;
- Creation of Counter and Inspection Instructions;
- Creation of instruction posters;
- Presentation of knowledge sessions for employees;
- Organize and preside over meetings with third party suppliers;
- Quality improvements;
- Set KPI’s
- “Go Live” coordination;
- Keep track of planning and progress.