GATE AUTOMATION ON THE CITY TERMINAL
The port authority of the Port of Rotterdam wanted to re-utilise the old city terminal for niche use within the port. Solid Port Solutions was requested to participate in this project from the creation of the gate automation plans and ideas until the actual building and setup of the new automation equipment.
Main tasks during this project were keeping track of the planning and progress of the project and maintain close contact with relevant subcontractors and suppliers of the hard and software for the gate automation.
The implementation required optimizing of the IT systems, team coordination, implementation and testing of the systems.
Client: Port of Rotterdam
Country: The Netherlands
Year of execution of project: 2016
Specialisms involved for this project:
Port Special Systems
Testing and Commissioning
Business Process Modelling
Employees of Solid Port Solutions have helped manage the implementation of gate port automation on the City Terminal, Rotterdam.
The services provided include:
- Business Process Modelling;
- Coordinate meetings with City Terminal clients;
- Coordinating software outsourcing option;
- Coordination with relevant subcontractors;
- Monitoring and controlling of project progress and planning;
- Assist PMO with product file;
- Deliver presentations for clients of the City Terminal;
- Support departments with writing of port/gate procedures.