TERMINAL CAPACITY EXPANSION ADVISE
The development of the container market combined with the growth of the terminal operator brings enormous challenges for staff, equipment and space.
Secondly the customers demand a high service level against a market compliant rate.
To be able to comply with these demands, Solid Port Solutions has been asked to come with proposals based on different terminal concepts for the handling of containers.
Solid Port Solutions has delivered a development plan with a number of possible improvement solutions together with a phasing plan related with the possible solutions with options for semi or full automation.
Client: Kloosterboer Vlissingen BV
Year of execution of project: 2018
Specialisms involved for this project:
Business Process Modelling
Definition of Terminal Requirements
Development of Terminal Layout Plans
The services provided include:
- Lay-out drawings for proposed solutions.
- An overview of the required investment for infrastructure and equipment.
- A calculation of the handling cost per container/teu.
- A phasing plan based on a growth scenario
- A proposal for implementation of semi or full automation.
- A short-term solution capable of improving internal and external gate processes. The solution must be part of the long-term concept of the terminal so no big future changes must be required.
- A fast executable solution for the expansion of the reefer capacity of the terminal.
- Business process modelling.