RESEARCH ON CONTAINER HANDLING CAPACITY OF MOERDIJK TERMINAL
Havenbedrijf Rotterdam requested Solid Port Solutions to do research on the maximum number of containers that can be handled, on a yearly basis, by the container terminal in Moerdijk, the Netherlands.
The study will provide a general view of the opportunities and ambitions for the port of Moerdijk with a focus on the ‘rail containers’.
The final report indicated the best way forward with the Moerdijk container terminal with solutions to improve the stacking capacity of the terminal as well as suggestions on how to improve the general handling capacity of containers on the terminal, with a focus on the containers arriving and departing the terminal by rail.
Client: Port of Moerdijk
Country: The Netherlands
Year of execution of project: 2017
Specialisms involved for this project:
Master Plan Studies
Business Process Modelling
Recommendation for Operational Concepts
Recommendation for Technical Concept
Development of Terminal Layout Plans
- Review of the Master plan with a focus on possible constraints in the design and operational bottlenecks;
- Act as independent external advisor to Havenbedrijf Rotterdam;
- Create security specification documents, drawings and schedules;
- Capacity analysis on the current and expected volumes;
- Business process modelling;
- Development of possible new terminal designs.