CONSULTANCY ON BUILDING A BUSINESS CASE TOOL FOR OEM SUPPLIER
Solid Port Solutions has been requested to provide their operational knowledge of container terminals and the automation of these terminals to support the building of a business case tool.
The tools will be a generic tool that can be used on all container terminal locations in the world.
The tools aims to provide future customers of the OEM the knowledge of how the products of the OEM can support their business and how these products can be used to reduce their operational costs.
Client: OEM supplier of automation equipment
Country: The Netherlands
Year of execution of project: 2018 - Present
Specialisms involved for this project:
- Operational knowledge of container terminals;
- An overview of terminal costs and possible revenue;
- A calculation of the handling cost per container/teu and related revenue;
- A calculation for implementation of semi or full automation on container terminals;
- Business rules for container terminals.